© Copyright 2013
League of Women Voters of Minnesota.
|All rights reserved.
LWVMN Public Policy Internship
LWV Minnesota is seeking an intern to assist with public policy research and
writing projects, as well as administrative tasks as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with research on voting rights, campaign finance reform, government
transparency, and other issues of concern to LWV Minnesota
- Write policy briefings for LWV Minnesota staff and members
- Track news coverage on issues
- Assist with event and meeting planning
- Provide administrative support to LWV Minnesota’s legislative coordinator
and others, as needed.
Experience and Qualification Requirements
- Interest in public policy, including familiarity with state and local policy
- Commitment to voting rights and other core democracy issues
- Strong research, writing, and communications skills
- Proven organizational and administrative skills
- Comfortable with online advocacy tools, including social media
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Supportive of the positions of the League of Women Voters Minnesota, and
able to work and communicate in a nonpartisan manner consistent with LWV Minnesota's
values. LWV Minnesota's positions are detailed in the Program for Action and
can be found online at http://www.lwvmn.org/Positions.asp
Duration of internship: September through December. Internship may be extended
through the 2011 legislative session.
Hours: 5-8 hours/week.
Deadline: August 16